- World Health Organization. A clinical case definition of post COVID-19 condition by a Delphi consensus. WHO;2021. Available from: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-2019-nCoV-Post_COVID-19_condition-Clinical_case_definition-2021.1
- The National Institution for Health Innovation. Information for GPs and other health professionals. [Updated 2022 Jan 25]. Available from: https://www.nihi.auckland.ac.nz/node/1226
- Rajan S, Khunti K, Alwan N, Steves C, MacDermott N, Morsella A, et al. In the wake of the pandemic: preparing for long COVID. World Health Organization;2021.
- Ayoubkhani D, Khunti K, Nafilyan V, et al. Post-covid syndrome in individuals admitted to hospital with covid-19: retrospective cohort study. BMJ. 2021;372:n693.
- Ayoubkhani D. Prevalence of ongoing symptoms following coronavirus (COVID-19) infection in the UK : 2021 Dec 2; Available from: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsa nddiseases/bulletins/prevalenceofongoingsymptomsfollowingcoronaviruscovid19infectionintheuk/2december2021
- Young M. Covid 19 US: ‘Mass disability event’ long Covid warning as huge numbers diagnosed. NZ Herald;2022 Feb 6. Available from: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-us-mass-disability-event-long-covid-warning-as-huge-numbers-diagnosed/OEP4TH56WJJRZP7RWOFXFVSQ6I/
- Warhurst L. New Zealand COVID-19 long-haulers still suffering long-term effects a year on. Newshub;2021 Feb 28. Available from: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/02/new-zealand-covid-19-long-haulers-still-suffering-long-term-effects-a-year-on.html
- Theunissen M. Covid 19 coronavirus: ‘Long haulers’ speak of long-term virus effects. NZ Herald;2021 Feb 1. Available from: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-long-haulers-speak-of-long-term-virus-effects/7FZ32YZJZG2Q63S5OSCF2RADOI/
- Bremner N. Kiwis should be wary of ‘long Covid’ with Omicron – expert. 1 News;2022 Feb 7. Available from: https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/02/07/kiwis-should-be-wary-of-long-covid-with-omicron-expert/
- Leahy B. Covid 19 Omicron: New variant threatens to leave more Kiwis exposed to long Covid. NZ Herald;2022 Jan 22. Available from: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-omicron-new-variant-threatens-to-leave-more-kiwis-exposed-to-long-covid/UKLY4RONUA4TFINOPK35HKWOH4/
- Decary S, Dugas M, Stefan T, Langlois L, Skidmore B, Bhéreur A, and LeBlanc A. Care Models for Long COVID – A Living Systematic Review. First Update – December 2021. SPOR Evidence Alliance, COVID-END Network. Available from: https://sporevidencealliance.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Care-Models-for-Long-COVID_Update_2021.12.04.pdf
- Wolf S and Erdös J. Long COVID care pathways: a systematic review. AIHTA. 2021. Wien: HTA Austria – Austrian Institute for Health Technology Assessment GmbH.
- Cacaeres V. How Do Post-COVID Care Clinics Help Long COVID Patients? U.S News & World Report;2021 Oct 26. Available from: https://health.usnews.com/conditions/coronavirus-and-your-health/articles/post-covid-care-clinics
- Raaflaub C. What have we learned about long Covid?. Swissinfo.ch. 2021 Aug. Available from: https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/what-have-we-learned-about-long-covid-/46888538
- Duncan E, Cooper K, Cowie J et al. A national survey of community rehabilitation service provision for people with long Covid in Scotland [version 2; peer review: 2 approved]. F1000Research. 2021; 9:1416. Available from: https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.27894.2
- Lovett S. ‘Only a fraction’ of long Covid sufferers able to access NHS support clinics. 2021 Sep. Available from: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/long-covid-nhs-clinic-support-treatment-b1917924.html
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network, and Royal College of General Practitioners. COVID-19 rapid guideline: managing the long-term effects of COVID-19. UK: NICE; 2020 [updated 2021 Nov 11]. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng188
- NHS England and NHS Improvement. National Guidance for post-COVID syndrome assessment clinics. UK: NHS; 2020 [updated 2021 Apr 26; cited 2021 Dec 7]. Available from: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/publication/national-guidance-for-post-covid-syndrome-assessment-clinics/
- Leichman AK. Long Covid – the lengthy road ahead. Israel21c; 2021 May 11. Available from: https://www.israel21c.org/the-lengthy-road-ahead-of-us-with-long-covid/
- NHS North East Essex CCG. NEW CARE PACKAGE FOR LONG COVID PATIENTS LAUNCHED IN SUFFOLK AND NORTH EAST ESSEX. UK: NHS North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group;2020. Available from: https://www.neessexccg.nhs.uk/new-care-package-for-long-covid-patients-launched-in-suffolk-and-north-east-essex
- Trafford Clinical Commissioning Group. Trafford Post-Acute COVID Assessment Guide for Primary Care ADULTS. UK: Trafford CCG. 2021. Available from: https://www.traffordccg.nhs.uk/docs/Publications/Policy-and-Procedure/Post-Acute-COVID-19-GP-assessment-pathway-ADULT-VERSION.docx
- Neurosciences, Rehabilitation & Vision Strategic Clinical Network. Post COVID-19 Rehabilitation Response Framework Summary Report. Alberta (Canada): Alberta Health Services; 2021. Available from: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/ppih/if-ppih-covid-19-post-covid-rehab-response-framework-summary.pdf
- Scottish Government. Scotland’s Long COVID Service. Scotland: The Scottish Government; September 2021. ISBN: 978-1-80201-355-9. Available from: https://www.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-long-covid-service/documents/
- University of California, Los Angeles Health. Long Haul COVID. California, LA: UCLA Health; 2021. Available from: https://www.uclahealth.org/medical-services/long-covid
- Heightman M, Prashar J, Hillman TE, et al. Post-COVID-19 assessment in a specialist clinical service: a 12-month, single-centre, prospective study in 1325 individuals. BMJ Open Respiratory Research 2021;8:doi: 10.1136/bmjresp-2021-001041
- Healthwatch Nottingham & Nottinghamshire. Health and Social Care Needs of People with Long COVID. 2021. Available from: https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/sites/healthwatch.co.uk/files/reports-library/20210907_Nottinghamshire_Long-Covid-Report-FINAL.pdf
- Baranuik C. Covid-19: How Europe is approaching long covid. BMJ 2022;376:o158. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o158
- Bwrdd lechyd Prifysgol Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. Long COVID Service Self-Referral. Available from: https://bcuhb.nhs.wales/covid-19/long-covid/long-covid-service-self-referral/
- One Health Lewisham. Cold Hub. London (UK): One Health Lewisham; 2021. Available from: https://onehealthlewisham.co.uk/ohl-clinical-services-cold-hubs/
- Godden S, McCool M. Thousands ‘not referred’ to long Covid support service. BBC; 2021. Available from: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-58409187
- South & West Devon Formulary and Referral. COVID-19: Post (Long) COVID service. Available from: https://southwest.devonformularyguidance.nhs.uk/refer-cv19/western-locality/post-long-covid-service
- Survivor Corps. US;2020. Avaible from: https://www.survivorcorps.com/
- Long Covid Physio. Peer Support. UK;2022. Availble from: https://longcovid.physio/peer-support
- Victoria University of Wellington. Major study on COVID-19 impacts in Aotearoa launched. New Zealand: Victoria University of Wellington;2022 Feb 8. Available from: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/news/2022/02/major-study-on-covid-19-impacts-in-aotearoa-launched
- University of Auckland. Long Covid Research Project. New Zealand: University of Auckland;2021. Available from: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/giving/donate/a-z-list-of-funds/long-covid-research-project.html
About the Briefing
Public health expert commentary and analysis on the challenges facing Aotearoa New Zealand and evidence-based solutions.
Get the latest insights from the public health research community delivered straight to your inbox for free. Subscribe to stay up to date with the latest research, analysis and commentary from the Public Health Expert Briefing.