- Summers J, Baker M, Wilson N. Mortality declines in Aotearoa NZ during the first two years of the Covid-19 pandemic. Public Health Expert (Blog) 2022;(23 February). https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/pubhealthexpert/mortality-declines-in-aotearoa-nz-during-the-first-two-years-of-the-covid-19-pandemic/.
- Summers J, Wilson N, Telfar Barnard L, Bennett J, Kvalsvig A, Baker M. The Covid-19 experience in Aotearoa New Zealand and other comparable high-income jurisdictions and implications for managing the next pandemic phase. Public Health Expert (Blog) 2022;(24 August). https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/pubhealthexpert/the-covid-19-experience-in-aotearoa-new-zealand-and-other-comparable-high-income-jurisdictions-and-implications-for-managing-the-next-pandemic-phase/.
- Wilson N, Grout L, Summers J, Nghiem N, Baker M. Use of the Elimination Strategy in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Health and Economic Impacts for New Zealand Relative to Other OECD Countries. medRxiv 2021.06.25.21259556; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.06.25.21259556
- Baker M, Kvalsvig A, Verrall A, Telfar-Barnard L, Wilson N. New Zealand’s elimination strategy for the COVID-19 pandemic and what is required to make it work. N Z Med J 2020;133(1512):10-14.
- Baker M, Wilson N, Blakely T. Elimination may be the optimal response strategy for covid-19 and other emerging pandemic diseases. BMJ 2020;371:m4907. doi: 10.1136/bmj.m4907.
- Waitangi Tribunal. Haumaru: The Covid-19 Priority Report (Pre-Publication Version). [WAI12575]. Wellington: Waitangi Tribunal: 2021. https://www.waitangitribunal.govt.nz/assets/Documents/Publications/Covid-Priority-W.pdf.
- Brooks S. Covid minister suggests ‘independent’ pandemic inquiry needed. The Spinoff 2022;(18 May). https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-updates/18-05-2022/covid-19-forces-shock-dancing-with-the-stars-shake-up.
- Boyd M, Baker MG, Wilson N. Border closure for island nations? Analysis of pandemic and bioweapon-related threats suggests some scenarios warrant drastic action. Aust N Z J Public Health 2020;44:89-91.
- Boyd M, Wilson N. The Prioritization of Island Nations as Refuges from Extreme Pandemics. Risk Analysis 2020;40:227-39.
- Boyd M, Wilson N. Optimizing island refuges against global catastrophic and existential biological threats: Priorities and preparations. Risk Analysis 2021;41:2266-85.
- Thomson G, Wilson N. Learning from disasters?: Aotearoa since 1900 [Presentation]. NZ History Association Conference [Virtual Conference], November 2021. https://www.otago.ac.nz/wellington/otago842107.pdf.
- Wilson N, Morales A, Guy N, Thomson G. Marked decline of sudden mass fatality events in New Zealand for the 1900 to 2015 period: The basic epidemiology. Aust N Z J Public Health 2017;41:275-9.
- Clement C, Abeling S, Deely J, Teng A, Thomson G, Johnston D, Wilson N. Descriptive Epidemiology of New Zealand’s Highest Mortality Earthquake: Hawke’s Bay in 1931. Sci Rep 2019;9:4914.
- Bradt DA, Bartley B, Hibble BA, Varshney K. Australasian disasters of national significance: an epidemiological analysis, 1900-2012. EMA 2015;27:132-8.
- New Zealand Government. Government Response to the Report of the Māori Affairs Committee on its Inquiry into the tobacco industry in Aotearoa and the consequences of tobacco use for Māori (Final Response). Wellington: New Zealand (NZ) Parliament, 2011. http://www.parliament.nz/en-nz/pb/presented/papers/49DBHOH_PAP21175_1/government-final-response-to-report-of-the-m%c4%81ori-affairs
- New Zealand Times. The Transport Commission. New Zealand Times Vol LXXII, Issue 4767, 24 September 1902. https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/NZTIM19020924.2.5
- Summers JA, Wilson N, Baker MG, Shanks GD. Mortality risk factors for pandemic influenza on New Zealand troop ship, 1918. Emerg Infect Dis 2010;16:1931-7.
- O’Neill CEJ. Court of Inquiry regarding H.M.N.Z.T “Tahiti”. London, United Kingdom, 1918.
- Maclean F. Challenge for health: A history of public health in New Zealand. Wellington: Government Printer, 1964.
- Rice G. The making of New Zealand’s 1920 Health Act N Z Med J 1988;22(1):3-22.
- Denniston SJE, Mitchelson E, McLaren D. Report of the Influenza Epidemic Commission: Appendix to the Journals of the House of Representatives of New Zealand, 1919.
- Department of Internal Affairs. Government Inquiry into Havelock North Drinking Water. 2019. https://www.dia.govt.nz/Government-Inquiry-into-Havelock-North-Drinking-Water.
- New Zealand Government. Government Inquiry into Havelock North Drinking Water: Report of the Havelock North Drinking Water Inquiry: Stage 1. Auckland; 2017, May.
About the Briefing
Public health expert commentary and analysis on the challenges facing Aotearoa New Zealand and evidence-based solutions.
Public Health Expert Briefing
Get the latest insights from the public health research community delivered straight to your inbox for free. Subscribe to stay up to date with the latest research, analysis and commentary from the Public Health Expert Briefing.